Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(10-25-2018, 04:55 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Not getting snotty. We are friends going way back. We are having a healthy debate among Bengal fans, that is what this website is for right?

We are just speaking two different languages. You say Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs, I say we don't even have 7 playoff appearances without Marvin Lewis. I say we are 0-7 with Mike Brown. Facts say we are well, well under .500 with Mike Brown and we are over .500 with Marvin Lewis. AP says Marvin Lewis 2009 coach of the year. Many polls say Mike Brown among  worst owner in Sports.

I am well aware of Tom Coughlin being a New Yorker. I know the Giants organization better then you and their culture for their players/coaches/organization is far, far, far better then the Bengals. What you don't take into consideration are the players/coaches  feel while they come to work Monday-Saturday. Tom Coughlin was a good tough coach, but he would not have retained talent here, nor would he have changed the culture here. Marvin had more respect in the league in 2003 so when Marvin changed the culture, Tom would have been like Shula, Coslett, Dick Lebeau, etc a lackey just happy to have a job. 

I don't care if you had Lombardi or Belicheat[see cleveland browns as coach] in TODAY'S NFL you won't be able to keep quality players if you are cheap. BB has a fine organization and their owner spares no expense in keeping his players comfortable. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kicker-explains-why-everyone-on-the-patriots-loves-owner-robert-kraft/

The Bengal players don't love Mike Brown, if not for Marvin Lewis they would abandon ship as soon as their contract expired. 

It's the Culture, Culture, Culture!!!!!!

False. He may be a crappy owner for not turning this franchise into the likes of the Pats, but the players do care for him. He gives many, many players second (and in Pacmans case...1,000) chances to play football. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2724189-adam-pacman-jones-gets-emotional-discussing-bengals-owner-mike-browns-support

They're both at fault here. MB should never, ever let this mediocrity go on this long, but he clearly realizes that he cannot get this team to a higher level, so what's the point. ML is at fault for getting so many chances to get over the hump but has failed every time, each one worse than the other. It starts at the top, but you also need good coaches to carry out the owners goals. Problem is, we have a shitty owner, good coach, so everything falls out of place as far as alignment is concerned. You cannot have your owner not being invested, and your owner cannot have a coach that cannot execute a plan to win a SB (if we did have one).
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets give Marvin credit this season .... - Hoofhearted - 10-25-2018, 10:08 AM