Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems Van Pelt was a REALLY good hire...
(10-12-2018, 04:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good article. The big addition not mentioned was those out of bounds throws we are used to seeing. He's now using OOP to extended the play instead of chucking and starting over with 1 less down. That was defeating. Plus he looks more comfortable. I don't think I've ever seen him look this calm? I think there are so many other things unseen Alex has helped Andy with in not only his game, but the entire way he plays it.

Agreed Harley.....but I gotta think part of that chucking it out of bounds was a lack of WRs, TEs, and RBs breaking off of their routes and going "schoolyard".  It's been a long time since I've seen our receivers come back to the QB or break across the field.  As you noted, another huge factor is the fact that Van Pelt has him playing comfortably under duress.  He's practicing this stuff now.....makes you wonder about the previous "lifer" we had coaching QBs, doesn't it?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seems Van Pelt was a REALLY good hire... - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-12-2018, 04:21 PM