Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We have NO CHANCE against the Cheifs
(10-15-2018, 08:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that everyone is scared of the high powered offense of the Chiefs.  However, let's not forget that they just lost in almost identical fashion as the Bengals did, and almost allowed Pittsburgh to catch up to them, just a few weeks ago.  Seems to me that they have some of the same issues as the Bengals do.  They seem to be able to score at will, and have trouble stopping other teams from scoring.

Honestly, the only way I see a win being possible is if three things happen:

1. The Bengals consistently have long, sustained drives that end in at least 3 points.

2. The defense adopts a bend but don't break philosophy that's successful in limiting the big throws/plays and makes crucial stops in the red zone.

3. Our entire D-line rebounds from Sunday and actually stops the run for once this season.

Point 1 can happen if  Dalton and co come ready to play. This is the most likely of the 3 to happen. After that there's a big dropoff though.

Point 2 won't happen for a whole 60 minutes I don't see the secondary minus Dennard keeping the deep routes in check the entire game.  WJII can do his job. Dre can do his as long as he's not Dre Craptastic. Our weakest link will be Mcrae who frankly, just isn't that good. Gone are the days where our secondary call roll with anyone.

There's zero chance of point 3 happening, and this is where I predict things be be their worst. 2 can't happen if Kareem Hunt is consistently making plays because it opens up the play action against a defense that (A), isn't afraid to blitz, and (B); has a below average linebacker core that looks to be even worse after Burfict gets the hammer (It will happen. We need to accept that). 

I didn't mention stopping the tight ends because I think everyone knows that just ain't happening. It hasn't happend when we've had better LB groups and it's not going to happen when we've arguably fielded the worst LB group we've had in years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We have NO CHANCE against the Cheifs - THE Bigzoman - 10-15-2018, 09:08 AM