Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense is lacking that killer instinct vs .500.or better teams.
The way I see it, Zimmer crafted our "Late Lewis Era" defense. Guenther was a capable steward that maintained that same level of play.

But with this Austin ***** character, we've went back to early "Bend hopefully we don't break" defense, relying on turnovers like Deltha O'Neal was still here. Someone mentioned Chuck Bresnahan, I wouldn't disagree.

Do "***** Football Rules" equate to Burfict (and everyone not named Preston) bouncing off the TE like jello? Hell, I don't know, but tackle something, someone, tackle the ***** camera again. And I like Burfict, but we're playing sloppy on defense. Even in the last two losing seasons we could count on our D to keep us in games, until they got tired from our sterile offense. As for out D-Line, we didn't touch Ben because the refs rarely call holding penalties on the Steelers, like they would on us. I watched Atkins being held, then the next play, on a double team, they call Atkins for holding...? Yeah...

But now? The Chiefs lose and we're going into a 4-3 situation in Kansas City? And regardless of our standing after next week, I don't trust this D or coaching in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defense is lacking that killer instinct vs .500.or better teams. - Older Than You Too - 10-15-2018, 01:32 AM