Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Assessment of the Steelers
(10-15-2018, 05:37 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Marvin punting on 4th and 1 at the 40 yard line in 3rd quarter proved that Steelers are in his head.  Gotta show confidence in your offense to pick up the yard, especially the way Mixon was running.

Not sure about the "Steelers are in his head" thing, maybe so, but that wasn't a bad decision to punt on 4th down.

It was a 3rd and 1 and they actually lost yardage so what makes you think they were going to run it back up in there and be successful?  I suppose they could have passed the ball but those percentages are less than running.

It could've gone either way.  The decision was not bad but considering the circumstances it may have made sense to go for it, if for nothing else to show your team you have confidence in them and possibly to hopefully keep the drive moving and keep the offense on the field longer since the defense was completely beat up.

I'm more concerned why the coaching staff didn't call a timeout when they saw Ben pull AB closer to the line to beat the zero coverage on the last drive.  Inexcusable to leave an inexperienced player in that type of situation.  Heck, with a timeout they could've even show the same coverage and instructed the players better (for example, make sure the corner gets inside leverage and have the OLB shoot over to take away the slant.  If I'm going to get beat there is over the top and not on an easy pitch and catch.  Just poor execution by the coaching staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honest Assessment of the Steelers - Daddy-O - 10-16-2018, 10:21 AM