Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-18-2018, 08:57 AM)motoarch Wrote: When he took out Bell (twice) I defended him because he was playing hard and didn’t intend to hurt him. When he landed on the rapist that plays qb for Pitt in the 2015 playoff I cheered because even if he did intend to hurt ben he did it the right way. It was as clean and brutal of a hit as they come.

What I won’t defend is unecessry brutal hits that are intended only to hurt others. I know we already argued the hit on brown and if it also hurt bates and I believe it did. We all saw him twisting ankles against the panthers. The list of this kind of behavior goes on and on and has been and continues to be detrimental to the team and a distraction.

Because I am a fan of the team I don’t want burfict on it. I’m not going to cheer for someone simply because they play for the team I like. That’s silly. That’s not what makes you a fan.

If everyone played with his energy and passion this team would be unstoppable and I respect that about him. What I don’t respect is the extra little things he does that embarrass the team time and again. We as fans can defend it and say we’ll what about when so and so from team x did this? But it doesn’t matter anymore because everyone outside Cincinnati clearly only cares what burfict does. We have to accept that. If you revel in being the bad guy and like that image that’s fine. I can respect that about you. It’s the identity you want and the way you enjoy the game. I don’t. I played DE. I’ve laid some heavy hits and been laid out but some. That’s what the games about and I love that. What I don’t love is some punk trying to twist my nut sack at the bottom of a pile when no one else can see it. Real men don’t do stuff like that. You know who does? Trash.

When was the last time he twisted someone’s ankle or nut sack? He must still be doing it and I just continue to miss since people are still crying about it.

And for the record I don’t defend or condone that kind of stuff either, it’s embarrassing, and I’d be super pissed if another team did it to a Bengals player, but damn do people love to bring up ancient history. Guess that’s why Mixon still has to hear about an incident that happened when he was a teenager.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football - Nicomo Cosca - 10-18-2018, 10:19 AM