Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-17-2018, 06:16 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Honestly, I think both sides of this thread have good points, but I am just sick of Burfict being an unreliable distraction. I get that he keeps it clean on the field, and he has the potential to be a game changer, but all too often is he suspended, hurt, or out of shape. He's a great player when he is right, but he just doesn't get that there is a spotlight and microscope on him. He knows he needs to keep it clean, but he continues to make questionable decisions on the field. I am not sure we should part ways, but I wouldn't mind trading him, if there is any team that sees value in having him on their roster. Jon Gruden seems extra dumb this go around, so maybe that hapless dumpster fire would be interested.

I don't hear anyone pointing out that the alleged "threat" was exactly perpetrated by their safety (Mitchell) said to AJ Green after a disgusting hit Tyler Eifert.   No one said boo about that in the morally upright media mavens.   No one ever called for Mitchell to be banned.   And these were hardly isolated incidents

And before anyone says that they got rid of Mitchell, as if  threats, generally dirty play (holding etc.) and out and out vicious dirty hits (Gio, Rivers, Burfict, K. Anderson and Huber to give an incomplete list) are against their team culture - get real.   They got rid of him years later.  And their team culture has always been vicious and dirty.

But I agree that Burfict appears to be looking for nasty hits to put on people - especially vengeance driven hits.   The guy needs to be focused on getting in shape and not whiffing on tackles instead of taking on the hit man role.

He'll get a lot more fear and a lot less press if he focuses on what he's really really good at.   Stacking, shedding, blocking passing lanes, stopping runners instantly, covering, making interceptions and legitimately intimidating our foes.

But I fear no one will be able to get that through to him.  I've seen his HC, his DC (Guenther) and other players (Eifert for one) discuss these things with him.   He ain't interested in listening or changing.  Mores the pity.   The guy's a stud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football - 3wt - 10-18-2018, 11:00 AM