Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers
(10-20-2018, 10:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: One further, what are the odds he gets fined if he was a steeler? Zero point zero. He’d be a hero. A “throwback” player. They’d show Lambert highlights to compare. It’s a joke.

And I am not even necessarily defending Burfict. He's a dirty player and I will freely admit that. That said, I refuse to properly condemn him until everyone is held to an equal standard rather than just picking-and-choosing which team/players to focus the league's attention and discipline on.

Not to mention as long as the Steelers keep getting free passes with their Shaziers/Mitchells/etc, the Bengals need someone who is capable/willing to give them a bit of their own medicine.

While Burfict pisses me off at times, the idea of going back to the days where they wreck Palmer's knee, break Rivers/Huber's jaws, and we just have to take it like a bunch of Bs while the media praises the Steelers for playing toughnose football.... that's unbearable. Even if they keep praising the Steelers and villify the Bengals, at least there is some payback and it's not a one-sided abusing of Bengals players (though it's still a one-sided abusing of Bengals record, because Marvin is shit).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers - TheLeonardLeap - 10-20-2018, 11:09 PM