Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers
(10-20-2018, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: He's just doing charity work.  He should have plaques for how much fine money he has donated to needy causes.  He's not a thug, he's a humanitarian.

When the question is will a guy ever figure it out, sometimes the answer is never.   He's doing what his DNA tells him to do.  He's just being who he is and it might just be that he's incapable of change or just plain unwilling.  He doesn't seem cut out for today's kinder, gentler NFL.  Ten years ago, he would have been a god.  

What pisses me off the most is the league having this fluctuating standard.   If he didn't play the Steelers twice a year, this would be a whole different narrative.  They feared him right from the start.  You can always tell who they fear/respect.  It's the guy they're trying hardest to take out.  Head shots to AJ and Eifert, Palmer's knee, etc.  I remember watching one of the Steeler games and it seemed like DeCastro had one assignment, to hit 55 in the knee.  

And the ankle twisting and ball punching, anybody really think he's the only one.  He just got caught.  And who knows what he might have been reacting to.

So freaking true. Burfict could be a 49er next year and suddenly he'll disappear from the headlines. The Steelers are stirring the powerful media pot, and eventually we'll be forced to let him go. I also believe 100% that they targeted Palmer, Eifert and even Keith Rivers (even though Rivers wound up not being a difference maker).

I've been waiting for them to target Mixon. Surprised Chad and AJ have escaped (mostly) unscathed.

(10-20-2018, 10:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What's the odds that Burfict would have gotten any fines at all for unflagged plays if the Steelers didn't take to the media and social media to whip up a zero-self-awareness outragefest?

Like I said last week, the Steelers keep Burfict's name in the headlines for a reason. They know they'll eventually force Goodell's hand. That organization has a lot of sway, and they know it. As much as it pains me to say that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burfict fined $112K for hits on Steelers - Shake n Blake - 10-21-2018, 12:38 AM