Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(10-22-2018, 12:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was a pretty bad loss. Sometimes you have to get the crap kicked out of you to realize your worth. Sorry for being so positive, but we have good talent. Just have to get it together. I hope ESPN, Fox Sport and all the others rip us apart this week because we kinda deserve it. Team looked unprepared. We're still lethal. We just have to focus better and clean up the tackling. 

Tackling is one thing that has declined over the past 3-4 weeks. We were very disciplined in the first few. Laid another Crap biscuit today in that category. Our defense looks weak and although I'm not ready to question Austin just yet, I'm very concerned. 

Here's the question though, or maybe two: Did anyone get annoyed at Chris Collinsworth and his love for the Chiefs (or disloyalty of the Bengals)? And, did anyone want to punch Mahomes in the face more than me when they kept showing him every 2 minutes? Sorry, just a little post game anger there.

The only thing he said that ticked me off was the same tired "look at the Bengals before Marvin" line. It could be 2037 with the Bengals never winning a playoff game, and people will still be saying "but the 90's!"

At some point you have to just judge Marv on the job he's done without looking at stuff that happened 25 years ago. Marv's tenure (16 years) is already longer than the entire lost "decade" (12 years).

Who knows? Maybe some other coach could've taken this team to the SB. We haven't lacked talent. We just suck in certain situations. Over and over again. For 16 years. That's coaching.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs*** - Shake n Blake - 10-22-2018, 12:58 AM