Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade Suarez for a Number 1 Starter?
(11-10-2018, 05:10 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sounds a lot like what we said last off season.

I have no faith in this organization's ability to develop starting pitching.  There's no doubt that the best thing that could happen for this team would be for Greene, Santillan, and Vlad Guttierez to develop into solid to good MLB starters.  

Unfortunately, I've seen this before.  Stephenson was supposed to be the next great hope.  He was going to be guy that would come to the majors in a few years and signal the end of the rebuild.  Then there was Reed, who I once heard Jeff Brantley call Bumgarner-like, lol.  Then Brandon Finnegan, who was basically the centerpiece of the Cueto trade.  Every one of these guys has been a bill of goods so far.  At best, they'll be good bullpen arms if they even manage to stay on the team.

This team has been given years to suck in order to give starting pitching a chance to arrive internally.  It crashed and burned at every turn.  They can either suck horribly and continue to alienate it's fanbase or they can bring in pitching from elsewhere and try to get better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Suarez for a Number 1 Starter? - samhain - 11-11-2018, 01:39 AM