Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade Suarez for a Number 1 Starter?
I'm starting to think that maybe trading a lot for starter is a bad idea.

There is a lot of talent at the AAA level that's going to be big-league ready this year or next. Senzel, Trammell, Santillan, Guttierez, etc will all likely be Reds by the 2020 season. I really don't want to give them up for anyone before we see what they are. Adding Senzel and Trammell to this offense could make it one of the league's better lineups.

I'd look to trade guys like Gennett, who's deal is up after 19, Hamilton, and maybe Iglesias (a luxury that a team like this doesn't really need) to get some pitching help if possible.

I'd add a upper mid-level SP or to in free agency. I'd target guys like Gio Gonzalez and Lance Lynn. If Sonny Gray could be had for a Hamilton or Gennett plus Iglesias kind of package, I'd pull the trigger.

After the 2019 season, Homer and Gennett are off the books. On top of that, you'll have another year to get an idea of what the young guys are going to contribute and ETAs of minor league pitchers. Once they determine what they've got, they'll have a boatload more cash to throw at a number one starter next offseason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Suarez for a Number 1 Starter? - samhain - 11-24-2018, 03:53 PM