Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-13-2018, 04:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically you make some vague allegations that don't really mean anything and claim Dalton proves they are true?

I have been a round and around with guys like you.  You all end up admitting that he is in the top half of the league in QBs and then try to act like that sucks and he should be replaced.

If you compare him with current active QBs his passer ranking is tenth

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm

Since he entered the league in 2011 he is 10th in passing yards, 9th in passing tds, 2nd in rushing tds by a QB, 2nd in "game winning drives" (defined by ProFootballReference.com), and 6th in "4th quarter comebacks" ProFootballReference.com).

Dalton has a very high ceiling.  When he is good he is very good.  Since 2011 only 6 QBs have more games with a 125+ passer rating than Dalton's 14, and only 6 other QBs have posted a full season passer rating higher than Dalton's 106.2 in 2015.

What kills Dalton is the number of very bad games he has.  Since 2011 no QB has more games with a passer rating under 70 than Dalton.

Fred, you are focusing on pointless stats when a SB is what is needed and wanted by the fans. You know full what I was referring to or maybe you really haven't been following the Bengals very closely over the years, but live in the stat book to try to understand what goes on on the field.

If a team's GOAL is to win a SB, why would it not try to upgrade the QB position when the one you have has produced 1 TD, 6 INTs, 4 FUMs, 0 wins and 4 losses in the playoffs?

The answer is that you would. Mikey boy Brown doesn't really seem to care about a SB. I've never heard or read the guy say the words "Super Bowl is our goal this season" in any season, not ever. Have you?

Now not all of the bad in the playoffs has been on Dalton and I'm not implying that it was. The defense seemed to sleep except for the game against Houston where the defense scored our only TD in the game on Leon Hall's pick 6.

I can tell that Marvin wants to win, but I don't think he can. If Mikey boy Brown really wanted a SB he would have replaced Marv a long time ago and he'd have been screaming SB from the rafters, but he hasn't.

Dalton is here because he can generally win enough during the regular season to give us a shot at the playoffs. But he's never, that I can recall, put this team on his back and willed it to victory. When AJ Green and his wide catch radius isn't out there Dalton really doesn't perform well.

There have been opportunities to upgrade at the QB position but the team has passed on them all.

With Mikey boy Brown it's more about who he's comfortable with. He's comfortable with Marvin. He gave Dalton the big contract, so that cemented him in that role as long as the team is getting close to the playoffs.

If you take yourself out of the stat book and look and see what is going on you will see what I'm talking about. If you watch the Carson Palmer, a Football Life, you'll get an insight into Mikey boy Brown and how he thinks. He refused Palmer's request to bring in more talent on multiple occasions.

I'm not saying that Dalton is a bad QB. I'm saying he's average Joe and he ain't gonna take this team to the promised land. Frankly, it would take the '85 Bears defense for me to believe we had a legit shot at a SB win with Dalton at QB.

(11-13-2018, 08:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What primetime big game performance from Dalton makes you believe? I have tried over and over a to stay on the band wagon. I have not seen enough clutch or ability to dominate. Sure you can win with a mediocre QB. But everything else has to be perfect. I think it is easier to find 1 player than everything else with your team to play out perfectly for a season.

You have to be losing to qualify for a game winning drive. Which means you didnt have enough points to be winning. 

The most important position on the field. And we have spent barely any draft capital on competition since Andy has been here. 

NATI gets it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton - BengalChris - 11-13-2018, 10:10 PM