Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
The Bengals gained nothing by sitting Carson Palmer a year. All it did was make him a pure rookie in his second year. He learned nothing on the bench. Like a big strong Terry Bradshaw or Big Ben, you want to get Haskins right in there. This isn't baseball where you send pitchers to the minors. College is the NFL minor league. You draft Haskins and you get him in there. He will be a big strong armed rookie. Terry Bradshaw was rough his first years, but he learned while playing. Same with Boomer Esiason, he was rough at first. So was Ken Anderson. You have to get them on the field though for them to develop to a higher level. We can look at the rookie QBs for Chiefs, Browns and some others to see you don't put a round 1 QB on the bench a year. Doing that with Carson was stupid.

Dalton is a good QB, but Haskins has all the signs of being a Super Bowl great quarterback. I do compare him to Big Ben because of his size and strong arm and he is hard to tackle. Not that he runs like Fran Tarkenton, but that he is big and hard to tackle just like Big Ben. Now Big Ben from Miami of Ohio got away from us. I don't want to see Haskins going to Steelers or Ravens and beating our brains in the next 15 years.

As for Ohio State QB history, announcers say you can not compare Haskins to any other Ohio State QB. He is the most NFL ready QB they have ever had. Bigger, Stronger. Not a run pass option Ohio State QB, but a pure passer. He can run out of trouble like a Big Ben, but he is a passer. All the announcers of the games say you can not compare him to any other Ohio State QB in the past. His breaking Brees and Brady records is for real. I think he may have broke Peyton Manning records. He is unlike any other Ohio State QB. Bigger, Stronger, Better. Plays very much like Big Ben, as you will see in Rose Bowl.

As for where Bengals might be in the draft and Haskins might go ahead of us, there is no law that says you can't trade up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - kevin - 12-20-2018, 10:57 AM