Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-26-2018, 09:30 AM)kevin Wrote: I think some on here are Dalton Fans, Driskel Fans or just don't like Ohio State.  Haskins will be a star in the NFL.  Not just start, he will have a Hall Of Fame type career.  If not for Bengals, for another team.  I would almost bet for another team considering Bengals always miss out on the great players in drafts. Again, Haskins can't be compared to any other Ohio State QB.  He has NFL size and arm and is hard to tackle like Big Ben and can break out of tackles and still make plays like Big Ben.  He broke college passing records of Brees, Brady, Manning.  Michigan was #2 in USA with the #1 defense and Haskins beat the heck out of them.  I suggest everybody watch the Rose Bowl New Years Day. You will see one of the future superstars of the NFL in Haskins. Don't look for typical Ohio State run option QB.  Haskins is a pocket QB, but he can run a little if the blocking breaks down. He is a passer more than a runner.  Ohio State had to adjust to him, because he is NOT the typical Buckeyes run pass option type. He is a pure pocket QB, very rare for Ohio State.

Why is it whenever someone has a negative take on an Ohio State player, they are either accussed of having an agenda or "you must not watch OSU?"

I've been an OSU fan since I was a kid.  I watch plenty of Ohio State football.  I just don't watch it after putting my beer goggles on over my Scarlet and Grey homer glasses.  Reality is, 9 out of 10 OSU players are insanely overrated as NFL prospects.  

Going back to the old boards, I was one of the few that liked James Laurainatis over Maualuga.  I thought Zeke was a Top 10 pick.  I loved Hooker as a prospect.  There were a few OSU guys I really liked that busted, like Devin Smith.  There were a couple I didn't like that turned out really good, like Michael Thomas and Kirk Coleman.  I don't just crap on OSU guys out of hand.  But I've been the bad guy on countless overrated OSU players through the years like Vernon Gholston, Bryan Robiskie, and Pat Elflein.  

In your essays, you make numerous claims that simply are not factually true.  You talk about great NFL QB's and how it was easy to see in college, but Montana was a 2nd round pick.  Brees was a 2nd round pick that didn't become a superstar until he landed with his 2nd team.  Big Ben was the 3rd QB off the board in his class.  If it was easy to see, they'd be #1 overall.  

Similarly, you keep bringing up Tom Brady's college records, but Brady was a middling college QB that got benched multiple times.  There's been hundreds of NFL bust QB's that had better college careers than Brady.

You keep vastly overstating Haskins' size and running ability.  Kid averaged 1.7 ypc this year.  That's pathetic.  You keep likening him to guys like Big Ben, but he's nowhere near that size.  He's listed at 6'3", 218, and everyone gets 1" in college.  Andy Dalton was 6'2", 220 at the combine.  He has average NFL QB size.  He's not a monster like you keep claiming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Whatever - 12-26-2018, 01:44 PM