Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-28-2018, 01:41 AM)Whatever Wrote: Kupp missed time earlier in the year and it didn't really affect Goff or the Rams offense that much.  His absence obviously hurts, but I can't really say that's the reason for the issues.

When we're talking about a QB as a Top 10, Top 5 pick, they are going to get nit picked.  There's such importance placed on the position and the cost is so high for anybody to move up or pass up on one of these guys that you have to be sure.  You very rarely see quality starters slide out of the 1st anymore.  I can't think of any off the top of my head since Russell Wilson.  From a franchise PoV, you're basically either a Top 16 prospect or you may as well be a 4th or 5th rounder, because if you make it to the 2nd, you're a career backup.

Overall, I would put him a bit behind Trubisky mainly because he's less mobile.  As a prospect for the Bengals, I don't like him at all.  He's not enough of a sure thing and doesn't do enough to elevate the guys around him to warrant giving up what we would have to to move up and get him.  He's not a Peyton type QB that elevates the talent around him.  He's a guy that can be a solid starter if you put a good OL in front of him and get him an OC that he fits the system for, at best.  

Kupp played in 8 games and had 6 TD's thats pretty good production from your slot WR. He was on pace for a 12 TD 1100 yard season, I'd say missing that from your #3 option was a big loss. 

Haskins will be a top 16 pick which is why this whole thing is funny, you talking about QB's past the 1st round etc. He will be nitpicked of course but my point is you really aren't comparing him to what guys were coming out. You seem to have a weird expectation of them being pro ready when they come in. That has happened maybe once in the last 10 years and that was Luck. Even as great as Mahomes has been this year he had to sit behind Smith for a year and has a tailor made system around him that, as you knocked the Rams and Goff for, has seemed to be figured out a bit as of late.

Lol Peyton type, you are correct he is not a generational QB who is possibly the greatest football mind in history. I'm going to simply leave it at, I disagree wholeheartedly with much of the stuff you have typed. I guess we will see, my hunch though is the NFL teams and scouts agree with me more than you.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - Au165 - 12-28-2018, 09:12 AM