Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newsflash: Attendance means very little anymore
(12-13-2018, 11:19 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Fan attendance makes up a small portion of the money they make as noted in my post (18%). And yes, you're correct about the surrounding areas suffering because of this, but that is not something that is relatable with them sharing their figures. But it most certainly suffers, just don't know how much.

And the TV ratings actually grew last year. The Reds ranked 8th in regional TV ratings. So there's fans watching, but just not from the park. 
Then I tell you the TV ratings have been doctored.  There is no way the small market last place Reds are # 8 in baseball in TV ratings.  I can guarantee you Reds are not # 8 in TV in major league baseball.   There is no way.  You can take the newspaper, turn it upside down, and instead of Reds at bottom they will be at top, but that doesn't make it so.  There are just too many big city franchises of more viewers and too many teams playing better ball than last place Reds.  Your source on TV ratings is in error. There is no way Reds are # 8 in TV in baseball, no way. No possible way.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newsflash: Attendance means very little anymore - kevin - 12-13-2018, 11:46 AM