Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-11-2018, 06:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure does and some of the ones who were saying this about AJM are very vocal here as well. 

Now I like Driskell and always said he was plenty good enough to make AJM tradable. Many Driskell lovers now disagreed completely then. Some seem more like Dalton haters now looking back.

Think Dalton is going to be fine (rhymes with one of the former naysayers) but OL was injured and had not developed chemistry yet. Believe most knew they should get better as year went along. 

But for those that say Dalton is not tradable ? Disagree with that as well, somebody will quickly make move. Not certain that is in our best interest unless we are blowing it up and starting over. Think we are closer to becoming good again than that, even as bad as we have looked. 

What I would do is draft a back up QB in 4th or 5th round with potential of becoming good or grab a solid back up in FA. 

Start Dalton and use Driskell like the Saints use Taysom Hill in a "do it all role". Driskell is a way better athlete than Hill and could become a really nice extra weapon immediately. 

Why choose ? Use all our weapons instead and go for the gold for once in our lifetime. 

It's as if the McCarron thing didn't just happen. Getting cut by the 2018 Bills and having a complete lack of interest on the FA market should've served up some humble pie for all the "start the backup" crowd. Guess some will never learn.

(12-11-2018, 07:02 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This has been going on since the dawn of time. It's frustrating. Did it with AJM. He's on the bench behind a horrific Oakland team and couldn't even start in Buffalo.

They did it with Palmer. 

I'm so sick of arguing with people. I swear this fan base might be more aggravatingng than most opposing ones. 

Again, some people never learn.

(12-11-2018, 07:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No argument here, they know regular season Andy very well. 

How many players have struggled in the playoffs under Marvin? We all should know what the real problem is by now.

(12-11-2018, 11:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton isn't Drew Bledsoe and Jeff Driskel certainly isn't Tom Brady.

Here's the thing:  If people want to move on from Andy Dalton, fine, I respect this view even though I don't agree with it. If you're going to say bye to Dalton, why turn to Jeff Driskel?  He's terrible!  Instead, draft or trade for a known quantity:  A quarterback with a proven record.  

100% this. If we're going to move on, it'd better be with a new coaching staff and it'd better be a top prospect.

Jeff Driskel ain't getting it, sorry. This just proves people fall in love with physical attributes and don't notice or care about the finer points of playing the position.

(12-12-2018, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except the year he threw 20 ints...

One year out of eight...and lets be honest, 4 of those came in the last game, when Jay Gruden seemed to be pushing for stats. It was still an overall good year for Dalton. Eli Manning threw for OVER 20 int's several times. So did Favre. So have many QB's. I could create quite a list of names that have hit 20 int's before. Doesn't mean they're trash. Especially when they break franchise records for yards and TD's in the same year.

(12-12-2018, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Total BS?  They booed him when he eclipsed 20K yards at home, they verbally harassed his family at games, dumped trash on his lawn, I guess that was a love affair? Confused 

Revisionist history?

It definitely happened, but you're both sort of right. Palmer only dealt with that level of criticism for one year (2010) and he was ghost.

Dalton has dealt with that same level of criticism for 8 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Shake n Blake - 12-13-2018, 12:58 PM