Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-14-2018, 04:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton is 20th in NFL history in QB rating. You make it sound like that's a bad thing. How many QBs have there been in NFL history? 

Fine, we're in a different league. Let's take out all those who are no longer playing. That moves Dalton to 12th on the list. Again, how is that bad? BTW, of those 12 only 3 came into the league AFTER Dalton did.

Only 14 QBs in NFL history have a career rating higher than 89.8 (only 8 of which are still active). So are most QBs in the NFL crap or is it just Dalton somehow?

It's funny, because any time you use any kind of historical grade for him, "it's a different era", "times have changed".  Which there is merit to that.....but the humorous part is I see the same people saying that drooling all over Dwayne Haskins breaking Drew Bress' records that are nearly 20 years old. Mellow 

The hypocrisy is what gets me.

Now, the OP does make valid points, and is not bashing Dalton, that's why this has been a entertaining discussion.  I'm not sure if you've seen some of the ridiculousness posted over the years or not Fullrock, but some of it has been downright absurd.  Your thread and your counterpoints have not been that, so I applaud your position, even though I don't totally agree with it.

I have issue gauging any of our players that aren't All-Pro, HOF to near HOF talents due to our coaching.  I mean hell, Piano Paul was here 25 years!  A QUARTER OF A CENTURY!  That's just one example of staleness, lack of accountability from management, and predictability.

I don't know if you ever watched Driskel in college or not, but he's still making a lot of the same mistakes that led to his benching at U of F.  I'm game with trying to get good trade value out of Andy, but I wouldn't roll with Jeff....even though I like him as a backup.  Much more than McCarron because he isn't limited like AJ was.  If I traded Andy, I'd try to get Bridgewater or someone comparable as a stop gap and draft a QB in a year or two.  I'm not very high on this crop.  If I did draft a QB this year, I wouldn't sit him behind Driskel, I'd roll with Andy another year.  That's just my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-14-2018, 04:12 PM