Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-17-2018, 11:49 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I would say Green , Brown and Beckham are the best at making circus catches although I don't have the stats.  

Green is tall with a length, can high point balls and make insane adjustments to bad balls. That's is strictly observations. Why are observations not valid. Do I have to bring up video of Green making circus catches on deep balls. 

Go get it from PFF if they have which wide receivers make the best adjustments to balls. I don't have that stat.

Hard to argue something so subjective that obviously doesn't have any stats or facts behind it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall that many times where AJ really had to pull an otherworldly Beckham catch to bail Andy out. 

I think people exaggerate that just a bit. He's tall with a big catch radius and that helps any QB who has a WR like that, but circus catches? I don't see a lot of those. At least not enough to act like Dalton would be crap without AJ.

(12-18-2018, 01:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unless you’re KC...

And yeah yeah Smith is 3 years older. Still doesn’t change that fact that hey had a pretty decent QB, but wanted to upgrade. Seems to have worked out too.

1. Yeah lets just nab the next Mahomes. I'm 100% cool with taking a 1st round QB, but cherry picking the cream of the crop is kinda silly. The odds of us getting a generational talent are like 1/1000. 

2. We don't have Andy Reid. Peep Alex Smith's stats from last year (104.7 rating) and compare them to this year (85.7 rating). Coaching and scheme is a HUGE deal. Unless that QB talent comes with a good offensive minded coach, it might go to waste in Cincy.

3. KC was already a fantastic team. Aside from great coaching, they have a ton of talent. Put Mahomes behind this line with this coaching, and you're not getting 5000 yard, 50 TD Mahomes. More likely that we're going to take an inferior prospect, put him in an inferior situation and get predictably bad results. 

-------

If we take a QB, we'd better (a) trade Merv and crew for some brilliant young offensive minds and (b) splurge money and picks to fix this o-line and LB corp.

(12-18-2018, 02:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look. You can't argue with his rock-solid reasoning. Dalton won't play into his late 30s because he's a QB that sits in the pocket and doesn't take many hits and has only been injured twice when he wrenched his thumb against a couple big dudes that he came into contact with. 

AJ Green will play into his late 30s because he's a WR that gets hit a hell of a lot more than a QB does and he will have missed 13 games in the last 3 seasons due to injuries.

Don't you know that QBs rarely play into their late 30s while WRs do it regularly?  Nervous

Lol exactly. #Logic
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Shake n Blake - 12-18-2018, 02:15 PM