Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
I'm not a Driskel believer, but I do find this whole thing interesting.

What do people think Driskel's ceiling is? Do people think he can be substantially better than Dalton? He isn't as good currently, but let's say in three years he is what? Maybe Dalton or slightly better? Do we want to spend three years redeveloping the same guy we got now?

This is where the whole thing falls apart for me. We know he isn't as good now as Dalton and he is three years in the league, not a rookie. Game experience or not he hasn't shown to be the guy so far in this interview period simply from an accuracy standpoint. If you look at Sam Darnold for instance, who lacks weapons, he has shown flashes of being "The Guy" yet Driskel has shown he doesn't make throws outside the hash marks accurately and struggles at times with accuracy between the hash marks still in his 3rd year. Accuracy is something that you either have or you don't and it appears Driskel will never be a super accurate guy.

I think there is a lot of talking past each other in this thread. I don't think a ton of people are anti a new QB, they are anti a third year QB who has struggled with accuracy and who's greatest trait is he throws hard and can run fast. If the thread was "someone else should start next year" I think people would be more open. Personally, I don't want to move from an average to above average QB to another one who's ceiling is what we have now just for the sake of moving. Give us a high end rookie QB and I can dig it, but making a move for the sake of making a move doesn't make any sense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Au165 - 12-27-2018, 10:45 AM