Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space
(12-12-2018, 01:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Is cash flow a factor when deciding to retain a head coach for 16 years with a playoff win. Is it a factor when deciding to value comp picks over (at the very least) decent mid-tier free agents who don't require huge signing bonuses? Is it a factor when they hang on to underperforming players too long instead of cutting them and using the cap savings to improve the team? 

All I'm trying to say is that whether you're the richest or poorest owner in the league, it ultimately comes down to the decisions you make and how you spend the money you have. This is where I think Mike continues to fail time after time. Even if he had Bill Gates type money, would he actually spend it wisely and effectively? 

Hi!

I don't know why you think I am disagreeing with you. I was just contexting some (not all) of the weird stuff we see them do. Other stuff (like you mentioned) is not defensible as it has nothing to do with limited financial resources and more to do with lack of football acumen in the front office. 

Where this inability to float losses DOES show itself is more in the world of contract structures (like signing bonuses), going after really big contracts and indeed our continual rolling over of cap is a symptom of it. Basically anything that is a cash payout is in play here as they affect the bottom line immediately. One could claim the small scouting department and lack of a practice bubble fall here also, but I also attribute the small scouting department to front office lack of acumen in things football. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengalholic - 12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space - Joelist - 12-12-2018, 01:54 PM