Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space
(12-13-2018, 03:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I did exaggerate some numbers, but mostly because the Bengals haven't said anything about the numbers for next year yet and the team will likely be drafting in the top 7 this year, which does translate to a higher rookie pool. I don't know how much though as no one has said.

You are correct about the extensions. Probably just add more to those and take some off the rookie pool, but my final number for money available for outside free agents isn't that far off.

Extending AJ Green should be #1 priority, then Boyd and Boling. They should also exercise Jackson's option. He may be having a down year, but the talent is there.

How much will be left after that? No much, depending on how the contracts are structured. Bernard's replacement is already on the team in Watson I believe. Not saying that I agree Watson should replace Bernard, but I can see it coming.

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this, but I think honestly Boyd needs to be priority number 1, not AJ Green. And the reason I think that is because I think this team is on the verge of a rebuild and it doesn't make sense to have a 31-year-old AJ Green for that. Tyler Boyd is six years younger than Green.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengalholic - 12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space - ochocincos - 12-13-2018, 05:32 PM