Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classy Ravens Player Tweeted Racist and Homophobic Slurs
(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: "Sharing a locker room" gives them knowledge of the guy's character?  

Hilarious

Wow.......

It gives them a hell of a lot more insight than you have.  I would have thought that was obvious.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Especially since you yourself said that he's not the most known guy, meaning that he's probably not outspoken too much in the locker room, but his teammates know what his character is like?

I said nothing of how well known he is to his teammates (I wouldn’t really know that because I’m not in the locker room with him either): I said he was unknown to you.  

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I only posted it because I find it hilarious how Ravens and Steelers fans will go to great lengths to rag on Bengals players for their actions, even if there was no intent, but find this kind of behavior ok because "he was only 18."  

Also, very often the reason why we point out the flaws of Bengal players (most of whose questionable actions occurred way later than 18) is often to point out your hypocrisy for turning a blind eye to them.

Here's the thing: Bengal fans are defending the guy too. Unlike you, they're being objective, rather than judging the guy because he wears a purple jersey.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Saying things when you're 18 to friends and whatever is one thing, but posting it on social media is a completely different thing.

Not really. Kids don't often grasp the implications of social media. I've worked with college students, so trust me on this one.

(12-15-2018, 02:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I also love how everyone ignores the hatred of the posts and just acts like it was innocent mistakes by a junior high kid.  The dude was 18.

Developmental theorists have observed that adolescence can last well into the 20s for some.  As a higher education professional, I can attest to the fact that a lot of maturing can occur between 18 and the mid-20s.  

Bottom line: if the people who know him best are willing to give the guy a second chance, why won't you? Is it because he's not a Bengal player?*

*(Spoiler alert: Yes. Yes it is.) 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classy Ravens Player Tweeted Racist and Homophobic Slurs - JS-Steelerfan - 12-15-2018, 08:01 AM