Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L5 pinched nerve
(12-13-2018, 08:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Thanks for the interesting notes. I picked up jogging again after this started happening, thinking it owuld help. I've gotten addicted to it and probably do 3 miles every couple days.

I also have flat feet though, and perhaps my shoes are not meant for me and aren't helping.

I also sleep on a full sized yogibo beanbag chair the last couple years (don't ask!) I guess it's the habit of watching netflix before going to bed. I wonder if that's done nothing good for my back.

I could still go do walks, but I feel young enough to want to move faster (lol). I read biking and swimming can really help in these types of things, but I can't swim, so that's gone lol.

I lifted once or twice when this first started and thought maybe it was related, so I completely stopped any lifting activities.

I would make the regiment or lifestyle change necessary if they tell me what to do. I started doing spinach smoothies every day and changed my diet completely to almost vegan + protein and I've lost a lot of weight and in general feel better, other than this.

The diet change/weight loss/exercise doesn't seem to have made my problems any worse, or better though. For my overall health I think I will continue the spinach and healthy eating as I doubt that is affecting it (although I've got the outstanding lab work for the vitamin deficiencies and protein buildup/etc) - although neuro says it's the old pinched nerve.

I yelled for an MRI 7 years ago and the doctor ordered it, in this case I wonder if I can just say "please prove it" and use my anxiety against them, lol. It can only help me/them know for sure what a best course of action is. I would not pay for the MRI, though, lol...

I love shooting hoops, but I'd have to change it to a flat shot with no jump. I don't play bball anymore but I still love to shoot, I usually take a 15 minute break during the work day to shoot - to help me solve problems lol.

I was diagnosed with Levioscoliosis a long time ago, so that probably isn't helping. Since this has began, I've switched to using standing desks (autonomous AI desk) and I feel like my back/core has strengthened from standing more often than sitting, but still no real healing for the feet.

If you really miss running, I would suggest finding some trails or even greenway routes that go through some good changes in grade.  Hiking those at a fast pace will do the same or better than jogging. (as far as elevating the heart rate)  Lifting isn't for everyone, and I completely understand that.  However, there are plenty of body weight activities like pullups and dips that will strengthen your body, as well as put a natural stretch to the spine.  After a while, they get too easy and you might want to attach weight to a belt.  I weigh around #260, and like to do my pullups and dips with a #45 plate hanging from my hips.  Sometimes I just load up 2 or 3 of those plates, and just hang.  The stretch to the spine is great.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
L5 pinched nerve - reuben.ahmed - 12-13-2018, 07:26 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - SunsetBengal - 12-13-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - reuben.ahmed - 12-13-2018, 07:44 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - fredtoast - 12-13-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - SunsetBengal - 12-13-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - reuben.ahmed - 12-13-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: L5 pinched nerve - SunsetBengal - 12-14-2018, 08:48 PM