Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict's uncertain future
(12-16-2018, 10:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds to me like you never really liked him that well, to begin with.  Maybe fishing is a better sport for you?   Mellow

Actually no. I was a HUGE Burfict fan and defender prior to his 2015 playoff debacle. He was pretty much the only player on this team that wasn’t intimidated the Steelers or their BS. But I’ll freely admit, that playoff game did it for me. I was done with him then and I was surprised many didn’t share the same sentiment. I was tired of his antics, I was tired of him constantly earning his reputation, and I was tired of the negative publicity (as if we didn’t have enough of it already Whatever). I didn’t see many positives to keeping him around with all that baggage.

Meanwhile, Burfict has played in less games than he could/should have since. Be it for one reason or another (fair suspension or not): he has been unreliable. I saw no real benefit to making an unreliable player the cornerstone of our defense.

Fast forward a few years and it turns out me and a few others were on to something.

Although yes, I do enjoy fishing (but I wouldn’t go and call that a sport LOL )
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontaze Burfict's uncertain future - Pat5775 - 12-16-2018, 10:31 PM