Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict's uncertain future
(12-16-2018, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: AJ Green's been pretty unreliable the last 3 seasons too. You and the others ready to move off of him too.

Yeah Burfict has fallen off THIS year. Until this year he's been the best LB on the team since he arrived, and it's not even close. I don't pay close enough attention to who posts what about who, and when they do it, but if you were wanting to move on from him in 2016, that was silly... It's like someone saying that the Patriots should've moved on from Brady in 2016 because his play has slipped this year.

.... w.... wow Shocked

Well, first off, comparing the likes of Burfict to Brady is beyond asinine. Brady actually is the heart and soul of that team and plays the most important position in the field. Burfict is just a highly talented linebacker. Not even close to the same thing.

Second, I mostly wanted Burfict off the team because he was always attracting trouble and negative publicity. I never had a problem with his skills because obviously he was our best defensive player. But he wasn’t worth all the negativity and bad juju he brought to the team (no pun intended).

The team clearly relied on Burfict and that was a silly mistake IMO. I would much rather the team had looked for his replacement years ago because the writing was always on the wall with Burfict: he’s not a reliable player. Yet they stubbornly refused to acknowledge that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontaze Burfict's uncertain future - Pat5775 - 12-17-2018, 12:07 AM