Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Bengals Could Start on a Top Tier Team?
(12-17-2018, 02:31 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm assuming by Top Tier team you don't mean teams that are hoping to somehow back into the playoffs as a 6th play off seed, but those who are actually "top tier". I'm also assuming you mean all Bengals players including those on IR.

QBs - None of them would start on a top tier team unless the starter were injured.

RBs - Mixon would start on a number of teams, but he might have to share time. Bernard would be a pure situational player, not a starter on any of them unless there were injuries and it would have to be a team like NE or NO who know how to use a little RB.

TEs - Eifert would start on a number of top tier teams, only we all know he'll break. None of the rest would sniff a starting job and might not even have a back up role.

WRs - AJ Green would start anywhere. Boyd would get playing time on a number of top tier teams. Ross would not be a starter on any of the top tier teams unless he miraculously improved on being a consistently good player.

OT - Glenn might have a role as a backup, but not at his salary. The rest of our OTs are free agents after this year and I believe we are all hoping they are all replaced, so none of them would start on a top tier team and likely most of them (Ogbuehi, Fisher, Hart and Smith) won't even have a backup job anywhere next season.

OG - Boling would start in a few places. Westerman might actually start at LG somewhere, we just don't let him do it here for some reason. He's played solid when given the opportunity.

OC - Would not start at this point in time. 

DT - Atkin would start almost anywhere. The rest no.

DE - Dunlap might get a starting gig. Hubbard would have a role, but I don't see him as a starter yet, next year yes. None of the rest would get a starting job.

LBs - None would start on a top tier team. Burfict is all used up from what I can tell.

CB - Jackson would start in several places. Kirkpatrick and Dennard would certainly have playing time on the right contract and team.

S - Bates could start on a number of top tier teams. He'd be an upgrade. Williams no.

P - Yes

K - Yes

Returner - Erickson could be a returner on several top tier teams.

Marvin Lewis - Would not be considered for the HC job of any of the top tier teams.

Lazor - would not be considered for the OC job on any of the top tier teams.

That's my 2 cents worth.

I think this would be my list....although I would add Lawson most likely.  I think Boyd could start on a couple of them too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Bengals Could Start on a Top Tier Team? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-17-2018, 03:55 PM