Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I'm probably in the minority here but......
(12-17-2018, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently here is how it is supposed to work.

As a fan you are supposed to rip the players for giving up on the season, rip the coach for "losing the team", and then whine and complain when we win instead of lose.

I have to say it is a bit amusing to see how much love Mixon got for calling out the team's effort and saying that you'll learn a lot about people by the effort they give during this last month (or something to that effect), followed by fans hoping we lose.  Perhaps you'll learn a lot by fans based on how much effort(?) they put into this lost month, etc.

Actually, I think people are more "OK" with losing now than they are hoping we lose, but it is a case by case basis.  Personally, I've seen nothing to indicate that losing leads to Marvin getting fired or Mike Brown stepping down as GM.  Why root for that? Plus, our biggest lamentations of the latest drafts are more about reaching for players who aren't up to snuff...not something getting a higher draft pick would have fixed.

I don't think we beat the Steelers in week 17, but the idea of rooting for the Bengals to lose and ensure the Steelers make the playoffs just so we can watch Marvin Lewis still be the HC and Mike Brown still be the GM going into 2019 would be a gloriously terrible, yet utterly deserved nightmare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I'm probably in the minority here but...... - Nately120 - 12-17-2018, 11:58 AM