Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Bailey traded to Dodgers!
(12-21-2018, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, you read that correctly.  Homer Bailey is headed to the LA Dodgers, Reds to get Puig and others.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/reds-dodgers-finalizing-multiple-player-blockbuster-trade/hIs8EXFjoz2Nx3RLnycH8N/?fbclid=IwAR0E_hxJJuBvixtuL-rgMgBfDZiZanvFOeSHbbWZSXe-y_LiUDQF0B4s-E0

For those of you that follow Baseball closely, is this a good trade, or did the Reds screw themselves?
Once again, I say this staff member of Bengals has the story in reverse.  The news is not that Reds traded Homer Bailey who has done very little in years and is over paid.  The news is that Reds got Wood, Kemp, Puig.   You say Puig and others.  Puig not even biggest part of this trade. As a baseball fan, not just a Reds fan, but a baseball fan, I know these players.  I tell all in Cincy that Reds were in dire need of pitching. Adding Tanner Roark last week and now Alex Wood is a huge major upgrade to the worst pitching staff in baseball.  These 2 easily become 2 of the 5 starting pitchers. Now who the other 3 starters are, I have no idea because Reds pitching so awful. That is why another veteran pitcher would be even better.  As for the outfielders added, I would put Kemp ahead of Puig in this deal.  Both will easily start for last place Reds, plus Reds stole from Dodgers in Rule 5 Joe who plays every position. Reds must keep him all season on Reds 25 man roster or Dodgers get him back, but last place Reds easily can keep him all year on Reds. 

So saying Reds trade Bailey is like when it was said Reds traded May and Helms.   The real story was getting Morgan, Geronimo, Billingham, Menke.   Here the real story is getting Wood, Kemp, Puig.   Bengals Fans and Reds Fans may not know of these players, so I tell Cincy Fans that these players just made Reds a lot better.  The Dodgers just won the National League 2 years in a row and went back to back World Series.  In getting Wood, Kemp, Puig and Joe from Dodgers in last week, the Reds have added First Place talent to their stinking last place team. 

So Cincinnati ends 2018 with 2 Last Place teams in Bengals and Reds.   It appears Reds have added better manager and coaches and players to try to be more competitive in 2019.  Let the Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers and Pirates know the Reds are doing everything to get out of last place and move ahead of them. 

To Bengals Fans, this would be like hearing Bengals just traded Eifert who hasn't done much in years, for 3 Pro Bowl players.  Yes, we could put all the focus on the Bengal leaving, but wouldn't the real story be bringing in 3 Pro Bowl players.   Wood, Kemp, Puig have all been All-Stars and Joe has been a minor league all-star.  So Cincinnati Fans may not know it, but Santa just put a lot of gifts under Reds tree, and Reds didn't trade much to get them. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Homer Bailey traded to Dodgers! - CJD - 12-22-2018, 03:44 AM
RE: Homer Bailey traded to Dodgers! - McC - 12-22-2018, 12:11 PM
RE: Homer Bailey traded to Dodgers! - kevin - 12-23-2018, 02:37 AM