Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wildcats Forever - Honorary Inductee
This just hit me in the gut... really hard.

I'm stunned and quite saddened at this... I was hoping to connect with him, if he lived the area of the city, the next time I come down for a game (which would be this year and I haven't forgotten about you, Faulk!). If all went well, of course, as timing and all the jazz makes meetings like this always up in the air.

If I may share the last PM I had with him, in April of 2017 (we PM'd a lot for the first few years on this board and he was an awesome guy to speak to; he definitely made me smile and helped out a lot), I will do so here, right now (it was in regards to a crappy time at work, where I was told I would be let go, along with my team and the morale just sucked the life out of everyone... Plus Calgary is not the greatest place to live lol):

Quote:Ah yes, those adult problems. This world could be a lot more fun without them, for damned sure. The long road I've traveled has produced exposure to many philosophies, all seemingly intended to ease the angst on this subject. The brain pulls one way; the heart in another. Just keep your sights on what makes sense to you, what satisfies your thirst, and what suits your talents the best. It is a process.

My quest for knowledge has powered me through many storms, and most times I've come out the other side in a space not before anticipated, yet fulfilling in ways never imagined. The secret for me was learning not to worry about the future, as it has a way of taking care of itself, regardless of how much worrying I put toward things. It's kind of like the golf swing - the less tension, the more flexibility and the farther the ball goes as a result. I hope you find the patience to put up with bullshit along the way. Don't take any of it personal - we all get to deal with it in some fashion.

11 draft picks this year is a waste on this team imho. Not doing what was needed to keep a decent oline is their Achilles heel. Limited pass protection and run blocking will have the most effect hands down. And with no tackles worth taking this year, it's going to be a long season. We'll have a respected defense though. It will be frustrating to watch the defense get Dalton back on the field quickly, only to watch the offense squander the opportunities repeatedly.

I'm being this negative in hopes of being proven wrong :-) Please prove me wrong!!

As for me currently, learning about another industry, mainly because retirement sucks for type 'A' folks like me. And I didn't save enough money to do what I really want, something that I have no idea what that is.....just suspicions ;-) But I do enjoy the "process". Thank you for asking.

Be well, and Cheers

Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

My heart sunk upon reading that first post. My only hope is that he's resting peacefully and that he will always be smiling down upon us and his family.

:'(
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wildcats Forever - Honorary 2019 Inductee - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-07-2019, 01:05 PM