Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Solid post.

The thing the Andy Army is missing is that they shake their fist as "reaching" for a QB. Yet are completely fine with "reaching" for folks that can make 2015 seem like it wasn't an anomaly.

With the current CB taking a QB in the first is no bigger risk than taking any other position in the first.

Personally I like the kid out of Mizzou, but I'm terrible at picking QBs

I'm not a fan of Lock.  He's got a great arm, but his vision and accuracy are pretty questionable.  I think he'd be a guy that would have to sit for a year.  Daniel Jones from Duke is interesting, though.  He's drawing Carson Wentz comparisons.  All in all, not a great year for a first round qb, but I'd trust Taylor if he felt otherwise.  

I don't hate Andy, but anyone that doesn't see what's going on now for what it is isn't paying attention.  We are in a rebuild.  A full-scale overhaul rebuild.  The coach and coordinators are out the door.  Logically, the quarterback would seem to be next.  

They have a decision to make with Dalton.  He's been a good soldier with his current deal.  Why would he do that on his second?  A new foundation is being built, and there's a pretty good chance that Andy won't be part of this team if/when it becomes competitive again. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - samhain - 01-13-2019, 01:07 AM