Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 02:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you cut the 2nd best lineman we had last year by rating and a lineman in his career that has performed much better than any tackle on our roster. I dont think so

(01-13-2019, 02:36 AM)samhain Wrote: There's no way Glenn gets cut.  He's the only tackle on the roster after FA hits, and from what I understand, his contract isn't all that tough to keep.  You expect this team two get three brand new tackles this offseason?  This team isn't in a position to let Cordy Glenn walk right now.  If we find some good/servicebale Its by this time next year, then sure.  

(01-13-2019, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of the "cuts" people come up with on this board amaze me.....

1. He rated poorly according to PFF (and looked as bad as his rating)
2. He has the huge cap hit of a franchise LT ($9.25 million)
3. He can be released with 0 dead money.

Only on these boards is an overpaid, underperforming player (with a perfect out) being cut considered a preposterous idea.

As for how we'd replace Glenn? Idk...maybe use that $9.25 million we saved by cutting him?  Facepalm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2019, 12:28 PM