Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. He rated poorly according to PFF (and looked as bad as his rating)
2. He has the huge cap hit of a franchise LT ($9.25 million)
3. He can be released with 0 dead money.

Only on these boards is an overpaid, underperforming player (with a perfect out) being cut considered a preposterous idea.

As for how we'd replace Glenn? Idk...maybe use that $9.25 million we saved by cutting him?  Facepalm

How about we think this through. 

Most of Glenn's pressures were in games when the defense was getting blown up (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Ravens 23 pressures) and was likely if not the best run blocker a close second.

As for PFF Glenn graded out at 60 and the top guy Clint Boling graded out at 61....I know Boling is better than that. So I'm gonna give both these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I would rather they find a RT and fix the defense so the offense doesnt have to pass to catch up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Synric - 01-13-2019, 01:12 PM