Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Except for the "easy" to upgrade over Glenn part.....

What was Glenn's PFF position ranking again?

(01-13-2019, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: How about we think this through. 

Most of Glenn's pressures were in games when the defense was getting blown up (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Ravens 23 pressures) and was likely if not the best run blocker a close second.

As for PFF Glenn graded out at 60 and the top guy Clint Boling graded out at 61....I know Boling is better than that. So I'm gonna give both these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I would rather they find a RT and fix the defense so the offense doesnt have to pass to catch up.

Are you implying I didn't think this through?  Hmm

Benefit of the doubt is something best reserved for guys not making $9.25 million. If you made $3 million and stunk, I may be more open to excuses. I expect more for that kind of coin. He has the 19th biggest cap hit among LT's for 2019. This doesn't sound terrible until you see that #24 only has a cap hit of $3.9 million. Glenn is still making franchise tackle money and he did not play like a franchise tackle.

I wanted the guy and even I'm willing to admit he was a pretty big disappointment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2019, 01:44 PM