Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What was Glenn's PFF position ranking again?

Are you implying I didn't think this through?  Hmm

Benefit of the doubt is something best reserved for guys not making $9.25 million. If you made $3 million and stunk, I may be more open to excuses. I expect more for that kind of coin. He has the 19th biggest cap hit among LT's for 2019. This doesn't sound terrible until you see that #24 only has a cap hit of $3.9 million. Glenn is still making franchise tackle money and he did not play like a franchise tackle.

I wanted the guy and even I'm willing to admit he was a pretty big disappointment.

I'm not saying Glenn didn't struggle, but people act like just getting a better tackle is easy. Teams that HAVE better tackles are going to hold onto them. Tackles in the draft that are better, will likely be gone before we pick. If one is there, so be it, but I doubt year one they will be better. Like I said, I'm all for upgrading every position, but we can't act like it's easy..... it's not, or everyone would do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Sled21 - 01-13-2019, 02:07 PM