Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-14-2019, 03:28 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Two things can be true at once grasshopper. Yes I think we should spend a 1st round pick on Drew Lock and yes, I agree that LB and O-Line are the biggest holes on the team. I personally think we should move Dalton this offseason to the highest bidder. This is personally what I would do if I were in charge of the Bengals this offseason. Im not 100% sure of the exact numbers but if I recall we will have roughly 50 million to spend this offseason.

The first thing I would do is trade Andy Dalton. I would take the best offer. I personally dont think we would have any issue of getting a first round pick. Dalton would be perfect for a team like the Jaguars who have talent everywhere but at the quarterback position and I am sure they would give a first rounder for him. Dalton would immediately make them super bowl contenders again. We on the other hand arent stacked everywhere and could use the cap space of trading Dalton. Also keep in mind, I am not saying Dalton isnt a good QB. I think he is a good QB. I also think Alex Smith was a good QB but if you have the chance to get a QB whos physical talents can get you to the next level, you have to take it. We know what Dalton is, a QB who can perform well when surrounded with good talent and a good defense.

Having Traded Dalton, we would get the 7th pick in the draft. I personally believe that would be a perfect spot to draft Drew Lock or it wouldnt cost a ton of ammo to move up a spot or two to nab him. Keep in mind we still have our own 11th pick.  With our 11th pick I would select Devin White, the LB from LSU. Drafting Devin finally ends the neglect during Marvins tenure to drafting talented LBs. White would inject some much needed talent into the LB core but wouldnt completely solve it.

With our second round pick I would draft Elgton Jenkins at Center from Miiss. St. and I would move Billy Price to RG, his more natural and dominate position. RG imo was our biggest weakness and Price would immediately turn it into a position of strenth leaving only RT to address.

With our 3rd round pick I would draft Vosean Joseph a LB out of Florida. (Keep in mind that this is if we stick with a 4-3 as we have no idea who and what scheme we will be running next season.)  This is the last draft pick I will simulate as anything beyond that (and honestly before that) is just a crap shoot.

In Free agency I would make it a priority to sign Eifert to a heavy incentive laden deal. I would also make sure we lock up Dennard and Kroft for a few more years. Remember we cleared around 20 million trading Dalton away so now we have plenty of cap space. I would go all in on Jawaun James from the Dolphins at RT as our priority outside FA signing. Jawaun James would solidify our O-Line and honestly IMO could possibly make it top 5 consideration.

We have money to bring in a few other not as big of name FA's plus 4 more rounds of draft picks that I didnt project that we could bring in for depth at TE/OL/ Secondary/LB/DL or even competition at Kicker. Honestly, getting rid of Dalton's salary would give us the room to go out and bring in another starter along the D-Line. There are options at DE and DT that would be an upgrade over what we currently have.

I know the prospect of the unknown is scary but look at alot of these young teams that are having success. They have a young QB on a rookie contract and use the money elsewhere to stack the rest of the team. If we made these moves or similar moves to what Im saying, I think we could turn this team around and immediately and have a very competitive and exciting team to root for next year.

If you can get a high 1st this season for Dalton, absolutely.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2019, 03:37 PM