Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-13-2019, 02:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I am you looked at his pff and his price tag and said cut him. 

Look we know he struggled the entire team struggled like I said he graded out 1 point less than Boling who also struggled in pass protection. A huge reason was because how many times defenses were able to T off against the line because they didnt have to worry about run game.

PFF is a good jumping off point but not end all.

I watched how he played and saw that the PFF rating matched what we all saw. Then I peeped the price tag, saw his age, compared his price to other tackles around the league, looked at our needs and arrived at a pretty logical conclusion. A $9.25 million dollar tackle shouldn't need a plethora of excuses. You think a guy like Whit would need excuses?

I won't be mad if we keep him...hopefully he can turn it around, but we can also get similar tackle play at a much cheaper rate. At this point, we just have to hope that if we keep him, he miraculously improves. I'm a bit worn on hoping crappy players suddenly get better though. Excuses are also getting pretty tiring.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2019, 04:23 PM