Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-14-2019, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not for 11 million more per year - that's what "salary aside" means - but player vs player. Even though Dalton is the better QB currently, Carr is young enough that he could end up being the better QB. Really, I'd do the trade because of Carr's youth and potential, salaries aside.

I get that, and know what salary aside meant......but you said yourself you didn't know the difference in salaries.  I popped that in there to let you know how ridiculous it is....lol.

As to your point, maybe, or it could be one of those one hit wonder deals too.  For me, if I'm drafting a QB this year, and I want Dalton's salary off the books, I'd try to trade him for a pick, and look to sign a guy like Foles, Bridgewater, etc as a stop gap.  You should be able to get one of those on an incentive laden deal that could save some money.  If they reach those incentives, then hey, you've likely had a good season and you have some trade bait, or another solid year to groom a pick further.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2019, 04:38 PM