Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-14-2019, 04:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get that, and know what salary aside meant......but you said yourself you didn't know the difference in salaries.  I popped that in there to let you know how ridiculous it is....lol.

Appreciate the knowledge. Yeah, i'm not doing the trade if we are caring about the salaries.

(01-14-2019, 04:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: As to your point, maybe, or it could be one of those one hit wonder deals too.  For me, if I'm drafting a QB this year, and I want Dalton's salary off the books, I'd try to trade him for a pick, and look to sign a guy like Foles, Bridgewater, etc as a stop gap.  You should be able to get one of those on an incentive laden deal that could save some money.  If they reach those incentives, then hey, you've likely had a good season and you have some trade bait, or another solid year to groom a pick further.

I'm not opposed to looking for a replacement (an improvement) for Dalton, but if we're drafting a QB, why trade Dalton? As someone else pointed out somewhere, a stopgap QB is probably going to cost the same as Dalton does now. Doesn't make sense to me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - PhilHos - 01-14-2019, 05:33 PM