Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-14-2019, 05:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Appreciate the knowledge. Yeah, i'm not doing the trade if we are caring about the salaries.

I'm not opposed to looking for a replacement (an improvement) for Dalton, but if we're drafting a QB, why trade Dalton? As someone else pointed out somewhere, a stopgap QB is probably going to cost the same as Dalton does now. Doesn't make sense to me.

To either get the draft position necessary to get said pick, or for impact FAs to address the holes the team has.

Also, I'm not sure a guy like Bridgewater will cost that.....or you could make it an incentive based contract for another, like I laid out.

There are many scenarios that could play out.

My personal wish would be to keep him for a couple of years and see what he can do with a new staff, and save some coin on his team friendly deal while competing and addressing needs.  Make this a desirable place to come play.  When the QB class is deeper, make some bold move then to get a much better prospect than what this class offers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2019, 05:48 PM