Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-14-2019, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I watched how he played and saw that the PFF rating matched what we all saw. Then I peeped the price tag, saw his age, compared his price to other tackles around the league, looked at our needs and arrived at a pretty logical conclusion. A $9.25 million dollar tackle shouldn't need a plethora of excuses. You think a guy like Whit would need excuses?

I won't be mad if we keep him...hopefully he can turn it around, but we can also get similar tackle play at a much cheaper rate. At this point, we just have to hope that if we keep him, he miraculously improves. I'm a bit worn on hoping crappy players suddenly get better though. Excuses are also getting pretty tiring.

Have to agree 100%. If we look at the players who have the most excuses being created for them we can see who the players are that haven't lived up to our expectations.

I'd rather admit being wrong about a player than to continue to accept mediocre or, in some cases, down right piss poor play from them. Move them out and bring in some new blood who hopefully won't underachieve, but rather will surprise us with some overachievingness.

I think with the new coaching staff the excuses will no longer be accepted on the team itself.

Personally I'm hoping all of our underachievers come to life, but in reality that's just not going to happen. We could see some interesting cuts and trades this off season and come training camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalChris - 01-16-2019, 04:42 PM