Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-16-2019, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it's telling that you bring up Dalton's best year that happened 4 years ago and hasn't come close to those numbers since; yet Carr just put up a career best season and posted a QB rating Andy have only beaten once in his live and that was about a 1/2 decade ago.

You don't get to use the old "Andy has had it rougher" and I damn sure don't expect you to admit that Carr has actually had it rougher.  Dude put up a passer rating of over 93 while getting sacked 51 times. I've been told that's impossible.

The reasons are many: upside and age being among the tops and your "point that still stands" actually works against you as Carr is now on a team friendly contract when Andy will be hitting a contract year in 2 years. 

Still not clear what makes you think Carr is a better QB than Dalton.

Career numbers?  The passing numbers look about the same to me, but since Carr entered the league he has fumbled almost twice as much as Dalton  (45 to 23) and Dalton has rushed for 11 tds to Carr's one.

Just his '18 numbers?  Carr had a slightly higher passer rating (93.9 to 89.6) but only threw 19 tds in 16 games while Dalton had 21 in just 11 games.  Also Dalton produced 4 game winning fourth quarter drives in just 10 games while Carr had only 3 in 16 games.  And, finally Carr lead the league in fumbles with 12 while Dalton had only one.

So tell me again why you think Carr would be worth an extra $5 million over the next two seasons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-16-2019, 08:09 PM