Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-16-2019, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Carr has put up passer ratings of 91 or higher 3 times in his young career while playing with an absolutely awful supporting cast. Andy has put up a passer rating over 91 only twice in his 8 year career.

Carr was sack 51 times last year. Do you have any idea how many statues we'd be building for Andy if he could take that pressure and have a passer rating of over 93?

As I mentioned earlier this trade would matter very little in terms of drafting a QB. If Carr worked out, great, if not we could turn to the younger guy in a couple years and either keep Carr or cut him for $2.5 Mil in dead cap.

All that said, the suggestion of trading for Carr was made in reply to someone suggesting Carr would be cut and I stated I'd be fine trading Andy for Derek. You've basically got two of the most vocal soldiers in Andy's Army saying it would be silly to trade for a younger Andy. While my assergtion is he's not another Andy; this kid has upside.

Awful supporting cast, like when they went 12-4?  Had Crabtree, Cooper, Murray, Richard, Cook, Beast Mode for the middle stretch. Those awful casts?  Yet, somehow, when the team actually WAS awful (as in Carr's first season, and then this one), that wasn't an excuse for your other favorite whipping boy, Palmer. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-16-2019, 08:52 PM