Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-24-2019, 10:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 0 n 7 was here for 16
0 n 4 has been here for 8 years.  

How much longer do we wait or do we just continue to blAme the head coach for everything.

Ya see it wasn't just the HC, it wasn't just the owner, it wasn't just the OC or DC. It was the entire culture built here and the dysfunction of the entire system.

MB allowed PA to run amok with ketchup bottles and destroy the Oline with his ego. MB over ruled on draft picks and wouldn't fill holes in free agency. ML and whoever else refused to admit defeat on players who weren't working out. ML didn't hold his buddy players accountable. They made lazy hires (Zampese) and sunk an entire season. They abandoned loyalty when they should have rewarded it - Big Whit. They stayed loyal to players they should have let go - MJ.

The bad decisions, lack of accountability, bad drafts, lack of real free agents all added up. Then you add in ML's lack of ability to coach in the clutch and get his team prepared to go against the best under the lights and it was a recipe for disaster.

Marvin Lewis was an integral part of the dysfunctional, broken culture that's sum was failure. It seems they've finally admitted it and are in the process of changing the culture.

Does all this mean AD and Co. are going to set the NFL world on fire ? No But I'd sure like to see what they can do with better competency above them and a better culture around them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bengalfan74 - 01-25-2019, 11:43 AM