Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-26-2019, 02:13 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Average stats, a little above average stats or a little below average stats are not what is important about a QB. What is important is, does he have what it takes to be a QB who leads a team to a championship. Since a championship is the goal, anything less should be considered in need of correction.

It doesn't always take stellar stats to be that QB, but it does take a QB who makes the right calls, right throws, right reads, doesn't fold or cave or implode in those big games that get the team into the SB.

Has Andy Dalton been that QB to this point in time? No. Can he be that QB in the future? Possibly. It will be Taylor's job to root out the mediocreness from this team and its players. There are bigger problems with the team than QB, but the QB does need to improve and it can't be business as usual from that position. He'll get that opportunity with Taylor. Will that opportunity last for 8 years of not making it? Doubtful.

I'm more or less re-phrasing my opening post with this one.

Fair enough. For the record, I'm just fine with Dalton's regular season production. It's the playoffs where we all have a problem with him (and everyone else on the team over the last 7 playoff games). I think it was a Marv problem. Hopefully we find out soon. I'd lay money on it though.

(01-26-2019, 01:38 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Was the Chiefs game not considered a prime time game.  Or did we leave it out for a reason.

Leave in the Chiefs game if you like. Even then - since the 2.0 game - his PT rating is better than his career rating. 

Yet the team still has a 4-8-1 record in those games. Hmm...  :giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-26-2019, 02:29 PM