Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-26-2019, 02:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. For the record, I'm just fine with Dalton's regular season production. It's the playoffs where we all have a problem with him (and everyone else on the team over the last 7 playoff games). I think it was a Marv problem. Hopefully we find out soon. I'd lay money on it though.

Leave in the Chiefs game if you like. Even then - since the 2.0 game - his PT rating is better than his career rating. 

Yet the team still has a 4-8-1 record in those games. Hmm...  :giggle:

Lack of discipline and not adjusting well in those games played a hand in losing as much as Dalton.

When you have your stars like Green dropping TD passes by running before the catch it sure doesn't help.

Everyone ignores how badly both D & O lines got neutralized in most of those playoff games.

Poor tackling, blown coverages, mental mistakes.

I'd chalk Marvin and his coaches(yes even Zimmer)up to failure.

Not making excuses here.  Thems facts folks.

Dalton has been all ends of the spectrum IMO.  Bad/Meh/Pretty Good(notice I didn't say great)in regular season. 

I'd say his play as a whole is average to above average.

Can they do better?  Yes if they miraculously hit on a pick or bring in a FA that clicks.

Can they do worse?  Very easily. 

I'd like to see AD and the rest of the team together under a new coaching system.  If only for one season.

They really need to improve the line obviously but I also hope this QB friendly coach can identify his strengths and point out his weaknesses.

This is more than Dalton's self awareness and sole drive to improve himself. 

He needs to be pushed/molded/challenged/whatever in a constructive manner from the top down.

Maybe a different group would be better prepared, disciplined, innovative, and not shit the bed collectively if they make it to the playoffs.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalsRocker - 01-26-2019, 03:04 PM