Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-27-2019, 12:24 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: I just find it really funny that Bengals fans wanted to jettison Dalton after all the playoff losses despite the fact that he was improving every year and had bad luck in the Colts game where Burkhead had to play WR. Ever since 2015 people use that one season as a reason to keep trying with Dalton even though that was a year where literally everything came together perfectly. Little to no injuries (until Dalton got hurt), top 3 OL, had an OC that got the most out of everyone (running game was lackluster sometimes but still produced in the end zone) and they still couldn't get it done. MB allowed half of the core to leave in the next 2 seasons and Dalton regressed as a result. Sure, he's flashed 2015 a few times, but couldn't keep it up consistently. It wasn't all on the OL and weapons. He's still a limited QB at the end of the day no matter how many times you change an offense and give him the best WRs.

I like Dalton more than most and I expect him to be the starter next year. I think if anyone could benefit from a coaching change the most, it's him. But to be against ZT possibly wanting to pick a QB if he thinks he's significantly more talented than Dalton is dumb. I think ZT will want to win immediately and get rid of any mediocrity that could prevent him from doing that. Making some big splash signings in FA and bringing in a QB for the future means the Bengals are serious about turning over a new leaf and showing the fanbase they give half a f*ck. I don't know how anyone could view that to be a bad thing.

Limited in what way, though?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Devils Advocate - 01-27-2019, 12:38 AM