Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-26-2019, 10:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did Marvin define this organization or did M. Brown? I.e. Mike Brown gave that guy way way way way way way too many chances. That's the problem with our organization, too slow to make a change. Andy is such a neutral QB, the last 4 teams in this playoffs were studded. Goff, Brees, Brady, Mahomes. Dalton is not even close to those guys, we would be like "what's Andy doing here?.

What else do those teams have in common? McVay, Payton, Belichick, Reid. That's probably the top 4 coaches in the league right now. They also have a wealth of talent and everything coming together. The closest Dalton ever got to teams this good was 2015...and he still didn't have the brilliant coach. 

Now I'm not saying Dalton could reach a Mahomes/Brees/Brady level. He won't. But he could play at a Goff level, so hiring the guy who worked with Goff was probably a good move.

(01-27-2019, 01:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Just like ROSS and PRICE, Taylor gets a year because he'll be a "rookie" Head Coach. :giggle:

Can't speak for others, but I expect results right away. This isn't a typical rebuilding team. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-27-2019, 04:06 PM