Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(01-27-2019, 08:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd only do that if someone like Drew Lock fell to us and we drafted him. Otherwise, we'd be opening up a giant hole at QB, without a clear way to replace him. 

I'm not totally opposed to the idea at all. I kinda like the thought of a new QB to go with the new coach...but I also know that Dalton is still young by QB standards, so I don't think we need to trade him "just cuz" either. I'd prefer not to start out the Taylor era with a lost season. That'd kinda takes the wind out of his sails.

I hear ya, but if Tannehill gets as little interest as we expect him to we could move Dalton for some capital and then get Tannehill into the Kitna role for a new QB.  This hinges on us actually getting trade offer for Dalton, not blowing it, then getting a new QB that Taylor likes.  This is a lot of what ifs, of course.

It's not all on Dalton, but we had 3 lost seasons in a row with the guy so I'm more open to (logically and rationally) blowing it all up, personally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nately120 - 01-27-2019, 08:15 PM